Wild Life Sydney Zoo: What to expect
Located in the heart of Darling Harbour, Wild Life Sydney Zoo has plenty on offer. Whether you want to meet the world’s deadliest snake, enjoy a stroll through some Aussie habitats or cuddle up to a koala – Wild Life Sydney Zoo has it all covered.
The zoo has many interactive displays, daily talks from zoo keepers and amazing feeding sessions – there is just so much to see and do here.
Where is Wild Life Sydney Zoo
Conveniently located in Darling Harbour, makes getting to the zoo so easy. If you’re staying in the CBD, you can easily walk to Darling Harbour, otherwise you can opt for public transport such as the iconic Sydney ferry.
How much does it cost?
For up to date entry prices, please click here to go to their website.
What about the Merlin Annual Pass?
You might only think an annual pass is worth it if you’re a local. However, if you’re visiting Sydney and planning on visiting a few attractions, it might be worth you getting a Merlin Annual Pass. Included in the pass is:
- Access on all days and all times including public holidays
- Includes privilege pack, packed full of goodies and discounts
- 10% discounts in attraction gift shops
- 20% discounts off food and drink
- $10 off Magic Memories souvenir photo packs
- 20% off all Tours and Experiences *Excludes Shark Feed Xtreme at Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary
- 20% off Kids’ Birthday Parties
- $2 Coffee or Tea (where sold)
And if you’re travelling to Queensland, Victoria & NZ, you can use your pass at some of the attractions there as well. Detailed below is a full list of attractions included with the Merlin Annual Pass:
Sydney & NSW
- SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- Madame Tussauds Sydney
- Sydney Tower Eye
- Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary (closing summer 2017)
- Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Otway Fly Treetop Adventures
Queensland and Auckland, NZ
- SEA LIFE Sunshine Coast
- WILD LIFE Hamilton Island
- Kelly Tarlton’s SEA LIFE Aquarium (Auckland, NZ)
How long does it take to get through the Zoo?
You can comfortably get through the zoo in around 2 hours, however I suspect if you have children this may take a little longer!
Planning your visit
There are numerous guide talks and walks that you can jump on which are included in the ticket price. For an up to date list of talks and walks, click here.
There are some incredible exhibits in the zoo, see below a few of our favourite photos from our visit.
“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller